This position functions as the primary daily contact between commercial banking clients and the Bank, and assists Commercial Relationship Managers with servicing the client, for basic loan portfolios. This role is responsible for maintaining and expanding the relationship with clients by providing overall client support services. Develops working knowledge of assigned area and accounts through frequent client contact and execution of standard procedures.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES include the following; other duties may be assigned.
- Handles day-to-day client calls, client transactions, and client problem resolution. Responds to client account inquiries, performs account maintenance and researches/resolves client problems.
- Executes client transactions within delegated authority or applicable department guidelines, escalating to the assigned Relationship Manager (RM) any requests outside specified norms or items requiring Relationship Manager signature or approval.
- Transactions may include: transfers, withdrawals, distributions, payments, fee waivers/fee refunds, client overdrafts, monitoring reports, and other loan and account operations requested by clients.
- With detailed supervision, assists in obtaining necessary information to submit loan applications, such as financial statements, tax returns and business documentation. May also work with outside vendors, such as attorneys or title companies.
- Runs daily, weekly, monthly and quarterly reports. Reviews reports for accuracy and compliance and takes action to update systems or make other corrections.
- With detailed direction, supports Commercial Relationship Manager with basic client relationship reviews and portfolio management.
- May reconcile client accounts, enter client financial data into databases, and monitor exceptions to company policies.
- Establishes and maintains effective and open dialogue with Commercial Lending Center employees to ensure complete loan packages, satisfaction of closing requirements and other needed information is supplied.
- Participates in internal and external training to maintain knowledge of Bank products; attends operational and exception meetings and keep abreast of all credit policies and changes.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School diploma or equivalent and one plus (1+) years’ banking experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Basic understanding of credit products, bank systems and commercial lending. Exhibits a general understanding of applicable federal regulations, credit policy and bank policies and procedures.
OTHER SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
Must demonstrate ability to work effectively in a fast paced, production environment and have strong organizational skills, time management skills and strong attention to detail. Strong interpersonal skills including oral and written communication and problem solving a must. Proficiency with personal computers and related software packages.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk, hear, stand, walk & use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee frequently is required to sit. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
If you are a current FIB employee, please apply through the Career Worklet in the Empl oyee Portal .