Job Title: Education Manager
Non-profit Overview: After more than a decade of growth as a program within the Vera Court Neighborhood Center, the Latino Academy of Workforce Development is now South Central Wisconsin’s newest Latino-led independent nonprofit organization. We couldn't have gotten to this point without all of the incredible support and partnership of our community. We've supported more than 10,000 individuals along the way, providing the region’s only bilingual and culturally competent workforce training and adult educational services.
The Latino Academy of Workforce Development strengthens our diverse communities by providing linguistically and culturally competent adult education programming that advances opportunities to ensure that individuals and families thrive socially, economically, and civically.
We envision a world where social and economic equity guarantees everyone will reach their full potential.
Respect, Integrity, Community, Equity, Growth and Innovation.
Position Overview: The education manager is primarily responsible for guiding adult students towards successfully obtaining their GED (General Education Development) Diploma and advancing toward their educational career goals through different programs such as ESL, Adult Education, Computer and more. The education manager will coordinate innovative adult education programs by developing meaningful relationships to motivate students, assist in developing student career pathways and connecting students to better employment opportunities; as well as supporting program reports by collecting and appropriately filing the required data. The education manager is bilingual (English/Spanish), flexible and passionate about adult education and an advocate for students and the mission of Latino Academy.
Supervisor: Director of EducationHours: This is a full time position including evenings and some SaturdaysAnnual Salary: $40,000 to $45,000 with benefitsApplication Deadline: Open until filled
Key Responsibility Area: Program Coordination 30%Specific DutiesMarketing & Outreach1. Strengthen connections with community and point person for Education Programs
2. Lead marketing efforts for programs (flyer creation, social media & recruitment plan)
3. Manage social media content and frequent communication with students
4. Attend various community and recruitment events as assigned
Coordination & Communication5. Work closely with Madison College and other educational institutions, establish strong communication and relationship with relevant partner agencies
6. Oversee logistics and execution of Education classes
7. Organize orientation materials/ introduction packets for all classes 8. Track GED/Office inventory; including book count, test vouchers and yearly order of supplies
9. Keep a database of community resources and have extensive knowledge of resources and track referrals made to and from other programs
10. Develop weekly communications with program supervisor and update staff on progress of students and programs
11. Assist Education Director in making necessary program adjustments to ensure program outcomes are achieved.
Key Responsibility Area: Case Management 60%Specific DutiesCase Management
1. Recruit, pre-screen and register new students for education programs in Madison, Fitchburg and Dane County.
2. Conduct Placement Exam, New Student Orientation and Transitioning Student Orientation.
3. Create academic/career plan with students and establish formal relationships as case manager.
4. Track student progress through program, collect and enter data in database.
5. Contact students weekly for class reminders, to schedule exams and foster relationships.
6. Create student resumes, GED accounts and career assessment.
7. Assess individual student barriers.
8. Knowledgeable about educational and community resources available.
9. Foster student accountability, self-advocacy, self-awareness and effective use of resources.
10. Connect students to employment opportunities before, during or after graduation/program completion.
11. Maintain ongoing relationships with graduates and follow up 3, 6 and 12 months after graduation.
12. Solicit student, instructor and volunteer feedback on program experience.
13. Present and/or coordinate workshops on a variety of topics that supplement and support instructional curriculum.
Volunteer Management14. Recruit and manage volunteers.15. Develop and implement tutor training each semester.16. Match students with tutors based on schedules and academic needs.
Key Responsibility Area: Administrative Support 10%Specific Duties:
1. Maintain a neat and orderly atmosphere in the reception area/front office.2. Provide data entry support during registration and ongoing trainings.3. Front desk coverage as needed.4. Assist in special events, such as fundraising activities, annual picnic and graduation ceremonies.5. Assist with quarterly reports.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in Spanish and English.
- 5 years of relevant experience working with the community, adult education, workforce development, and/or diverse populations.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- Experience working and/or volunteering with nonprofits at a leadership level preferred.
- Experience supervising staff and/or volunteers preferred.
- Ability to work on delegated tasks with minimal supervision, self-motivated, and able to handle several projects at one time.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail. Capacity to create, enhance, and systematize tasks to improve the programs.
- Fast learner able to adapt to changing duties based on program needs or new programming.
- Solve problems efficiently through a deep knowledge of the programs administered.
- Calculated risk-taker with an eye for taking the initiative to innovatively grow programs and services.
- Previous success implementing, managing, and evaluating a program including creating a budget, building partnerships, and meeting deadlines.
- Passion for the mission and values of the Latino Academy including an understanding of cultural competence.
This position description offers guidelines for the employee, however in no way limits the scope of the position nor limits opportunities for expansion of the duties and responsibilities of the employee.''Work Location:
- Multiple locations
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Do you have a cover letter to submit?
- Associate (Required)
- Spanish (Required)
- English (Required)
- Driver's License (Preferred)
Work Location: Multiple Locations