As a Preschool Primetime Staff, you will ensure the safety and management of children while they are guided in active play by their adults. You will influence the management of adults with their children as they enjoy open playtime.
- Build relationships with participants and parents to connect and understand their needs.
- Attend all scheduled meetings and trainings as required.
- Find substitute instructors as needed.
- Take attendance on a daily basis.
- Clean, maintain and monitor the room for safety consideration and member service.
- Plan and prepare for the class including proper setup and clean up.
- Collaborate with co-instructors to facilitate small group activities.
SKILLS AND TRAINING
- Basic knowledge of developmentally appropriate movement-based activities is required.
- Instructors must be at least 14 years of age
- Prior experience working/volunteering with children is required.
- Building Relationships: Create sustainable relationships within the Y. Assist members in becoming more connected to the Y and build small communities.
- Emotional Maturity: How we understand and conduct ourselves impacts our relationships. Demonstrate ability to understand and manage emotions effectively in all situations.
- Advancing Our Mission and Cause: As a member of a cause-driven organization you will support the Y, its members, participants, and staff by living the Ys values of CARING, HONESTY, RESPECT, and RESPONSIBILITY in all interactions and aspects of job performance and demonstrate the desire to serve others and fulfill community needs.
- Safety: While creativity is important in motivating participants, you will provide instruction that ensures the safety of all, and ensure the environment is safe and engaging.
- Physical Requirements: Due to the instructional nature of the position, the instructor must actively lead and demonstrate skills. This will require the significant use of hands, arms and body. The ability to set up and take down equipment weighing 20lbs as needed is required.
- Critical Thinking and Decision Making: You are empowered to make informed decisions within the scope of delivering exceptional SMART service. Make these decisions based on logic, experience, and sound judgment. Be available to answer parent questions and appropriately handle complaints.
This job description represents the major functions of the job but is not intended to be all-inclusive. The incumbent is also responsible for performing other duties as necessary for Association success.